Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Seasons

“Seasons”

The sun will rise and set the felids aglow
The moon will shine and raise the sea
The clock will click softly, demandingly
I sit under the olive tree.

The leaves will fall and light the world
The snow will drift and freeze the rest
The earth passes by, slowly still
And still I sit under the olive tree.

Days will pass and nights will go
Seasons move and carry us home
Celebrate good company, good cheer
And still I sit under the olive tree

Many pass and watch me grow
And many pass and I slowly die
And many will wonder, many will ask
What I am doing under the olive tree

The truth, I never tell them
The confusion, always lingers
And still I sit, and always stay
Under the shade of a never-changing olive tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Create a Meebo Chat Room