Monday, November 30, 2009

Earth is Heaven's Hell

"Earth is Heaven's Hell"

They took me in with my bloodstained robe
And presented me before the court
There sat God on His mighty throne
With a smile of deep contempt.

"I didn't do it, I swear!" I said with despair
But the jury laughed at my plea
Tears fell out of my darkest fear
That I may be sent to bleed.

God looked at me, twiddled His thumbs
And opened His mouth to speak,
"Tell me, my children, what hath he done?"
"He's a sinner, your honor, so dead, so weak!"

His eyes filled with a terrible rage
I wished I was gone
As he towered o'er, twisted and derranged,
"You! I have a special case, just the place, for bastards like you!"

"Send him to the darkest depths of my thoughts
Make him wish he repented
Make him suffer from his own righteous sins
For he shall be sent to bleed!"

"Bleed!" they chanted. "Bleed!" they screamed
As I took the staircase to hell.
"Good luck!" they laughed. "Farewell!" they cried,
And I, sobbing as I went, left my mother's womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Create a Meebo Chat Room